PH Racing Club Championship Races 2017
Current standings as of 16/08/2017
Best 9 to count, 2 must be SA championship races* (full rules below). Dates given where known with links where possible. TBC dates based on previous year.
- Portobello Promathon, 01/01/2017
- National XC (SA Champs*), Falkirk, 25/02/17
- Down by the River 10k, Cumbernauld, 05/03/17
- Alloa Half Marathon, 19/03/17
- Tom Scott Memorial 10 Mile (SA Champs*), Strathclyde Park, 02/04/17
- Self Transcendence 5k (SA Champs*), Silverknowes, 05/05/17
- Penicuik 10k, 13/05/17
- Corstorphine 5 Mile, Edinburgh, 07/06/17
- Dechmont Law 10k Trail Race, Livingston, 11/06/17
- Brig Bash 5 Mile, Bridge of Earn, 05/07/17
- Musselburgh 10k, 22/07/17
- Donkey Brae Race, 30/07/17
- Graham Clark Memorial Race, Knockhill, 15/08/17
- Scottish Athletics Trail Champs*, Strathmiglo, 02/09/17 – entries to Stuart by 18 Aug
- Stirling 10k (SA Champs*), 10/09/17 – SA members please enter through club
- Great Scottish Half (SA Champs*), Glasgow, 01/10/17 – entries open
- Short Course XC Champs*, Kirkcaldy, 11/11/17 – entries will be through club
PH Racing Club Championship Rules
- The Championship consists of 17 pre-selected races of varying distances both on and off road and will run from 1st January 2017 to 30th November. (Cupar 5 removed due to clash with Down By The River and Templeton 10 swapped for National Short Course XC)
- All paid up members qualify, no membership no points.
- Athletes are to enter races as PH Racing Club and are obliged to wear a club vest or no points will be awarded.
- The scoring system in each nominated race is as follows:
- 1st male and female 50 points
- 2nd male and female 49 points
- 3rd male and female 48 points
- 4th male and female 47 points (and so on)
- All PH Racing Club finishers will receive points
- Positions/times will be taken from the official race organiser’s results. Gun timing will be used.
- There is no requirement to compete a minimum number of races other than you must compete in a minimum 2 Scottish Athletics championship events to qualify and members best 9 results will be totaled. Runners with the highest aggregated score take the awards.
- Awards will be presented to male and female runners, in 4 age groups under 40, 40-49, 50-59 and 60 and over.
- Age on 30th November of Championship year determines the age group for the entire year.
- The top male and female winner will not be eligible for an age group award.
- In the event of a tie head to head will be used.
- If any Championship race is cancelled by the Race or Club Championship Organiser or deemed not suitable, for whatever reason, a new race will be substituted – time and/or alternative race permitting. If it has not been possible to reschedule a race this will reduce the total number of Championship races.
- All members have a responsibility to ensure their details are given correctly when entering races. Club Championship and Race Organisers must be advised of any changes, ideally prior to the event taking place. Failure to do so may result in you not being included in the Championship results for that race. The responsibility is on the individual, not the Championship Organiser.