PH Racing Club Roll of Honour
|Year||Male Champion||Female Champion||Standings||Report|
|2017||Colin Somerville||Mary Western||2017 Standings||2017 Report|
2018 Championship Races
Best 9 to count, 2 must be SA championship races* (full rules below). Dates given where known with entry links where possible. TBC dates based on previous year.
- Portobello Promathon, 01/01/18
- Renfrewshire 5 Mile Race Race, 04/02/18
- National XC (SA Champs*), Falkirk, 24/02/18 – sign up will be through club
- Cupar 5, 03/03/18
- Tom Scott Memorial 10 Mile (SA Champs*), Strathclyde Park, 01/04/18 TBC
- Round The Houses 10k, Grangemouth, 08/04/18 TBC
- Self Transcendence 5k (SA Champs*), Silverknowes, 04/05/18 TBC
- Corstorphine 5 Mile, Edinburgh, 06/06/18
- Musselburgh 10k, 21/07/18 TBC
- BMC Track 5000m, Scotstoun, 27/07/18 TBC
- Graham Clark Memorial Race, Knockhill, 14/08/18 TBC
- Forth Road Bridge 10k, 19/08/18 TBC – need to be quick with this one!
- Scottish Athletics Trail Champs*, Strathmiglo, 01/09/18
- Stirling 10k (SA Champs*), 09/09/18
- Great Scottish Half (SA Champs*), Glasgow, 30/09/18
- National Short Course XC, 10/11/18 – sign up will be through club
PH Racing Club Championship Rules
- The Championship consists of 16 pre-selected races of varying distances both on and off road and will run from 1st January to 30th November. (Alloa Half removed)
- All paid up members qualify, no membership no points.
- Athletes are to enter races as PH Racing Club and are obliged to wear a club vest or no points will be awarded.
- The scoring system in each nominated race is as follows:
- 1st male and female 50 points
- 2nd male and female 49 points
- 3rd male and female 48 points
- 4th male and female 47 points (and so on)
- All PH Racing Club finishers will receive points provided other rules followed. If not zero points will be shown. DNF will also be shown as zero points.
- Positions/times will be taken from the official race organiser’s results. Gun timing will be used wherever possible.
- Athletes must compete in a minimum 2 Scottish Athletics championship events to qualify and best 9 results will be totaled. Runners with the highest aggregated score take the awards. Awards will only be presented to athletes who have completed the Championship.
- Overall awards will be presented to top 3 male and female runners, and also to winners in 3 age groups: 40-49, 50-59 and 60 and over.
- Age on 30th November of Championship year determines the age group for the entire year.
- The top 3 males and females will not be eligible for an age group award.
- In the event of a tie head to head will be used ie most wins between those athletes. If one athlete does not finish a race or receives zero points for any other reason this will be counted as a win for the other athlete for head to head purposes. If it is still a tie then most 50 points, 49, etc and if still a tie then committee will decide.
- If any Championship race is cancelled by the Race or Club Championship Organiser or deemed not suitable, for whatever reason, a new race will be substituted – time and/or alternative race permitting. If it has not been possible to reschedule a race this will reduce the total number of Championship races.
- All members have a responsibility to ensure their details are given correctly when entering races. Club Championship and Race Organisers must be advised of any changes, ideally prior to the event taking place. Failure to do so may result in you not being included in the Championship results for that race. The responsibility is on the individual, not the Championship Organiser.